EoI in Hosting the Entropy Conference
What is Entropy?
Entropy is a conference series dedicated to bring together scientists and leaders from different areas to discuss important recent developments and ideas of cutting-edge research related to Entropy.
The First Entropy conference was held in 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. This conference brought researchers with an inter-disciplinary nature of contributions from both theoretical and applied perspectives of Entropy, that ranged from Physics to Information theory. You can find a brief summary of the first edition here.
Please note that the follow-on editions will not be restrained to the topics discussed in previous editions and, therefore, new and different topics within the Entropy field are sought.
The Entropy conference is organized every two years. The Entropy Steering Committee is accepting EoIs to organize editions from 2020 onwards.
Bidders must have the facility to organize and host a three-day symposium of roughly 150–200 participants including:
- Easy access to the symposium venue and the capability to offer a wide range of services, such as catering, WLAN and internet services, organization of social events.
- Ability to cover all costs with registration fees and sponsoring.
When necessary, and based on the input provided by the local host, MDPI will provide administrative support and will manage the website on Sciforum. MDPI will help to edit the abstracts and prepare the conference book. MDPI will help to design the logos and banners for the conference website, flyers, posters, roll-ups, lanyards, conference bags, etc. following the style of previous Entropy edition. MDPI will promote the new conference edition on relevant MDPI journals and any other relevant communication channels.
Expression of Interest Instructions
- EoI must be submitted to [email protected] by 15 December 2018
- The length of the application should not exceed two A4 pages and should include:
- Name(s) of the bidder(s), contact details and a short biography
- Name of the planned venue (city and infrastructure)
- Proposed dates for the conference
- Proposed topics for the conference
The Selection Committee looks forward to receiving your EoI. Please feel free to forward this call for EoI to other interested parties.
The Selection Committee:
Dr. Lucia Russo
Ms. Caitlin Sheng
Ms. Connie Xiong